2012 was a pretty amazing year for me - both professionally and personally:
I was promoted and I earned myself a medal through my hard work. It is such an amazing feeling to be recognized for the effort and passion you put into your job - something that I do without looking for praise. But to have it noticed, it meant that I must be on the right path. And then Justin Beiber came along and screwed it all up.
Oh, but wait! There's more...
I ran my first ever relay and had a blast.
I watched D run his first ever half and finish in under 2 hours! And all without a training plan - go figure.
It was amazing to be able to share my passion of running with him - it was just too bad that he started his running as soon as I had to slow mine down because...we found out I was pregnant. (A new and exciting adventure that 2013 will allow us to explore).
So with all that - it appears that 2012 has set me up for an eventful and interesting 2013. And I have a lot of goals for this one...So without further ado, here are my 2013 goals, posted on the internet for all to see...
My 2013 to-do list:
- Complete a triathlon
- Run more races than last year ( 9 or more)
- Run a marathon? Perhaps the Victoria GoodLife Marathon in October? (OR RUN THE WHISTLER ULTRA RELAY)
- Complete a tough mudder, warrior or spartan race (something just for fun)
- Get in the best shape of my life (yeah, that's right, a 6-pack would also be okay)
- Eat better, meaning cutting down on the refined sugars, pop, and getting into more whole foods
- Start working towards a new career goal (going back to school)
- Eating at home more, making a new dish each month
- Be able to do a pull-up
- Become more well-rounded in terms of fitness - when I train for a run I forget about cross-training and weights and this throws my weak glutes and hips into a tail spin that equals knee pain, etc.
-Get my moles and skin checked by a dermatologist...After reading about Sarah OUAL's experience, I realize I am a prime candidate for having some cancerous moles - most of them I can't even see myself. I want to be able to watch my daughter grow and find her own passions - so I need to make sure that I take my health seriously.
- Blog more, and reach out to other bloggers - network, network, network! I should probably try and make this blog a little more interesting as well.
- And last, but certainly not least, be the best mom and wife that I can be - meaning that supporting both D and our baby's endeavours should and will continue to be as important as my own.
- Oh yeah, and kick labour's ass - if she ever decides to come out of my belly already!
So, bye to 2012 and bring it on 2013, I feel more motivated and ready for you than I have ever been in my life.